Bingo boards covering the Roman numerals 1 to 100 ( I to
C) Ideal for adding a little fun to practicing converting
our number system to Roman numerals.
on the pattern to be played for eg the winner is the first
person to get the whole B row.
person to spell the word BINGO on any row.
- Spell BINGO on top row etc
- Each letter vertically
- First person to get diagonal row bottom right to top left
- First person to get diagonal row top right to bottom left
- Four corner squares and the centre square
- For a longer game go with two intersecting lines.
- Students suggest patterns.
Trap for Young Players -
Beware playing the game to cover the whole board. It takes
way too long and the chances of an error are very high.
In this case a quick game is a good game.
caller reads a random number from the hundreds chart and
crosses it off. The students find the equivalent Roman numeral
on their board and place a counter on it. The first player
to achieve the decided upon pattern and call out BINGO
is the winner.
- Assign a student to check if the card is correct and continue
the next game to ensure continuity.
Free Printables for Roman Numeral Bingo
Numerals Bingo Variations:
the game in pairs (this is my preference
as the discussion is so valuable)
- give the initial numbers in the form of an algorithm eg
17 - 9 =
(10 printable bingo boards covering the Roman
(Acrobat Version = 1.4 Meg) <---- but
well worth the wait ;-)