(an old drinking game that really is problem
- Using only your breath you must blow the coin so that it goes over the top of
the glass ie it doesn't land in the glass or on the table.|
You may not
touch the glass or coin and you may use nothing but your breath.
a beer glass if in a bar
- a plastic cup for the classroom
- a small coin
- (5 cents)
1. Set the coin and cup up on a table so
that your whole group can see it.
2. Balance the coin on the edge of the glass.
Outline the task to your students (or drinking buddies) hehehehe.
4. Ask for
victims/volunteers to come up and have a go at blowing the coin across the to
of the glass.
5. Children break to pairs with their own equipment to solve
It can be done!
- Perseverence is needed!
- Frustration will probably
- If someone whinges, 'I can't do it, get them to hang up this motivational
- Insist that the students must discover the secret of the task
and be able to replicate it.
- After a while, draw a diagram that shows the
direction of air coming from your mouth.
- Brainstorm variables - how you hold
your lips, force of air coming out of your mouth, where to blow & where not
- Encourage the children to have their parents do the task.
Get the kids to use there own coins or use this as a trust exercise :)
- Seize the 'a-ha' feeling that the kids get when they experience
- Life is hard but you will not succeed if you give up.
mark of a person is what they do after they fail for the 4th, 5th & 6th times.
Think problems through. What can I do differently this time?